BBQ Log Software

jimsbarbecue

I have kicked this around in the hollow place between my ears to write a simple BBQ Log.
I make invoicing software in Filemaker Pro so I have the version that lets me make software and distribute stand alone versions. So my thoughts are the BBQ log would allow you to print out forms you would fill out and later enter in to the BBQ Log software. Filemaker Pro is a database program which will allow you to search all the records at once. For a example searching the meat for brisket would bring up all your brisket cooks. What I need to know is would PelletSmoking members be interested? Just as with the invoicing software I write, what makes it good is everyones input and ideas. To do this I would need your suggestions. The software if/when done will be free for PelletSmoking members or MAK owners. You could be able to access your records on a iphone but it requires a app on the iphone which is about $20. The second screen shot is where you would enter data on the computer. The first is the form that will print out so you would fill this out when cooking.The second on is a rough copy still.

1118729149_Uau7W-L.jpg
1118729177_Cqvqc-L.jpg

CarterQ

I would definitely be interested! We use Filemaker for our QC database at work and it's awesome. Simple and powerful. Always trying to remember what I did during cooks and I have an excel sheet but this would be killer with the ability to use it on an iPhone while cooking.

TentHunter

Wow.. its scary that someone else thinks along the same lines as me!

Being the techno geek that I am I would definitely be interested! I keep records/logs of ingredients used for different cooks, rubs, sauces, etc. to see how they've evolved, improved, etc.

I'd be very interested in something like that Jim!

TentHunter

On a similar note I got tired of having to calculate the amount of each ingredient needed for a sausage recipe so I made a simple but handy spreadsheet that does exactly that.

INGCALC.JPG

It could easily be adapted for any recipe and I bet could be incorporated as a handy dandy tool for your program.

LTS

Ya that would be cool now I write my smoke log down on a form and put in three ring binder, but binder is getting full and takes me quite some time to find "brisket" back lots of pages to look through. So ya i would also be quite interested, like the search feature

LTS

Deb

very cool Jim

would you be able to make a spot for something like photobucket links so you could easily find the pictures of each cook

jimsbarbecue

very cool Jim

would you be able to make a spot for something like photobucket links so you could easily find the pictures of each cook

Yes and ideas like that are what I am looking for. As far as the droid it is not up to me Filemaker has only ported to iphone so far

jimsbarbecue

TentHunter if you could email that excel , I can convert it and make it work inside the program.

Here is a video with the Alpha version. Need suggestions or comments to make it how you would like it.

TentHunter

Jim that is oustanding so far!

When I get home I will create a generic or sample Excel spreadsheet recipe for you to incorporate and build from and shoot it off to you.

Your hard work and willingness to share this with us all is much appreciated!

jimsbarbecue

Will soon need some beta testers to try this out and we can figure out what to add change etc. At present Windows only. Mac users don't worry. Filemaker Pro is both Mac and PC. When we get this down. I will have a Mac Filemaker programmer make a version that works on the Mac. Those that are interested pm me with a address I can send a CD or thumb drive to you. Everything in the program resides in one folder. About 128 meg. You could email me also at [email protected] or call me at (SOB)Beef BBQ. Leaving a message on the phone also send me a voice to text email.

jimsbarbecue

With rain forecasted for this weekend. I should be able to get the Alpha version done and sent out to those who replied wanting to beta test. Anyone else let me know, Windows version only right now,Mac version is part of the plan. Beta tester any cooks you enter in will be able to import in the final and future versions. One idea already will be the ability to export cooks and import in someone else log if desired.All ideas are welcomed

LTS

I dint see it for sure but I am assuming that the recipe that is used will be in there also ?

Thanks
LTS

Top Bottom