Fathers Day Fish

jimsbarbecue

My wife Patty and I go to cooking classes for new ideas. Last week work got in the way and she couldn't go so my daughter Lindsay went. It was on cooking four types of fish.
For fathers day I decided to try the Salmon recipe we learned using copper river salmon. Which is to die for! I of course had to cook it outside. I use a induction burner, which works real good in the outdoors. Started the MAK and set the temp to 400. Made the sauce and then put the pan with the sauce in the Smoker Box Warming cabinet with the plate the fish will be served on (heated plates I feel are a must when serving fish).
Then browned the fish on both sides seasoned with only salt and pepper and finished in the MAK .

389994_10100556984166366_891954251_n-L.jpg

Fillmore_BBQ-2013_0102-L.jpg

Fillmore_BBQ-2013_0095-L.jpg

Fillmore_BBQ-2013_0096-L.jpg

Fillmore_BBQ-2013_0098-L.jpg

Fillmore_BBQ-2013_0097-L.jpg

Fillmore_BBQ-2013_0100-L.jpg

ACW3

Jim,
That looks fantastic!! When Copper River salmon is available, I get some. It is really good. That beurre blanc sauce is perfect with fish.

Art

jimsbarbecue

The sauce you could Google I would imagine. The fish the pan is heated to almost the smoke point of the oil (canola, grape seed). The fish is seasoned with only salt and pepper. Then seared to form a crust on both sides. If thick it will need to be finished on the pellet grill at about 425 until done.

Ducaticraig

Jim, that looks incredible. Thanks for inspiring me to go buy and grill some salmon. I've been waiting for some wild caught salmon at Costco instead of the farm raised they're currently selling.

Top Bottom