Sunday Night Steaks

RickB

Time to try some of those prime dryaged ribeyes. On the Menu.

Steak Diane
Braised and Roasted Baby Golds
Asparagus in Puff Pastry with Lemon Butter Sauce.

Sorry I didn't have time to take a lot of pics but all the dishes had to come together rather quickly. Did get a plated shot though.

IMG_0241_zps9a7d52da.jpg

It was VERY good. Enjoy!

dnew

Wonderful meal, I bet it was enjoyed. Interesting way to serve asparagus, noted. Thanks for sharing.

TentHunter

It looks great Rick. I love Steak Diane (I just bought a bottle of Brandy to make some).

Asparagus in puff pastry - great idea!

RickB

It looks great Rick. I love Steak Diane (I just bought a bottle of Brandy to make some).

Asparagus in puff pastry - great idea!

Speaking of which... It was so funny. Just about the exact time I flamed the brandy my wife walked in the kitchen. She thought I had caught the kitchen on fire! :):)

As far as the puff pastry...cut to the size of the spears you want. I did about 3.5 inches so I would have a inch or two out of the pastry. Score lightly with sharp knife and brush with egg wash. Dont get the egg wash on the sides of dough or it wont rise. Bake at 450 for about 10 minutes or to your liking. Cut pocket in the short endand slide in the blanched and sauted asp. Drizzle with a lemon butter sauce.

Last edited:

TentHunter

RickB said:
Just about the exact time I flamed the brandy my wife walked in the kitchen. She thought I had caught the kitchen on fire!

LMAO!!! Ha ha ha... I got a good belly laugh outa that! :D

P.S. I think my son brought the heat & humidity up from your area when he came back from his missions trip!

Top Bottom