Do you marinate? What are your favss?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Wanted to know how many of you marinated your meat...if so what are yout go to for Chicken beef and pork?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Moore's and Kinders I have to look those up

I like the Island Teri from soy vey I use the peter luger sometimes as a marinade and then I usually make one up for steaks if I vacuum tumble Balsamic olive oil sea salt telecherry pepper little lemon..it varies~

CarterQ

Soy vay wasabi teriyaki is a favorite. Also like their very very teriyaki. Basque marinade is a local product that works great on lamb or beef, especially kabobs. Have a vac marinade machine on Santa's list so hopefully more marinating is in my future.

HoDeDo

I have used that soy vey line of products and love them. We have a local "Midwest Mex" that love on flank steak, and ribeyes. I also use it in bloody marys. killer stuff.

For comps, I use my own chicken marinade and pork marinade. as far as flavor profiles go, the "BBQ Marinade" is alot of onion, garlic, peppers, butter, EVOO, and some citrus just for balance. I use it on chicken for comps, but it works great on just about any grilled item. We love it on filets. I use our pork marinade as an injection for butts, and as a marinade for chops and ribs. It is sweet/salty, and has a little back end heat.

Brisket has several winners out there. Dale's, Allegro, Head country, We make our own for brisket as well, and include some butchers in it, however we use a much smaller amount than is typical when using a phosphate.

My favorite marinade for wings is Willingham's.

TentHunter

Ooh, Wasabi Teriyaki sounds good!

Chicken - we like regular old Italian dressing occasionally and sometimes we'll marinade in a zesty lemon-lime vinaigrette I came up with on a camping trip becasue we forgot to buy Italian dressing.

For Beef steaks - on occasion I like to make a little home made teriyaki from a small amount of kikkoman soy, some brown sugar, burgundy wine & fresh minced garlic.

Pork steaks & chops - a simple marinade of cheap yellow mustard mixed with a bit of brown sugar, some rub mix & a bit of vinegar or white wine is really good. This is good on chicken too.

Top Bottom