My first cook

TrickyDick

I'd eat that! I think I've gained a few pounds since I started hanging out here!
Nice pullback on those ribs!!

TD

Mayn

Well thank you tricky. Like I said it was my first try. I feel like it could of cooked a tad longer cause the center as u can see did t pull back as much or bark up as much. And was slightly tougher. Just my guess. Thank you for saying they looked alright though cause I don't have a clue lol. But they did taste good.

Mayn

I used rib rub from Costco (still waiting for my BP rubs) and brown sugar. Smoke for 3hr 15min then to the foil with just apple juice and into the Traeger at 300 for 1hr 15 min. Wife took a rack to work to get some opinions and they all said they were awesome. So I'm happy with that I Spose. The center 4 ish ribs weren't as good as the rest to me. Don't know if i needed them To stay on longer or what? do you know? Or is that normal?

TentHunter

Nothing wrong with how those ribs look at all! Same with the chicken thighs.

Keep cooking and experimenting and you will find your own flavor profile you really like. Even then, keep playing and you'll end up with several flavor profiles.

And keep posting the pics as you learn. We love it!

Mayn

I will do that tent hunter. Thank you for the feedback. I need all I can get from you experienced folks. I can say its a blast. I have 2 pork butts in the fridge, bone in, I'll be giving those a go next weekend. I'm just going for it lol.

dnew

Way to do it, also suggest you journal your cooks so you have a record. Chicken looks great for first attempt.

SoDakSmokerGolfer

I will second what denw said.... The chicken looks wonderful.... And yes do keep a cooking record. I like using Evernote. It's a free app that will work with your PC/Mac, iPad, and iPhone and it will keep all three in sync.

Mayn

Thank you JD. I'm tryin. Having a lot of fun in the process. My wife and kids are enjoying it too. The food that is lol. I'm gonna try a butt this weekend. We will see how that works out ??

KristenBPS

Looks great! I have only been pellet smoking for 8 or 9 months and experimenting is the way to go...oh, and watching BP's videos for the new things you are trying. Plus w the experts here you can't go wrong.

Mayn

Unfortunately they didn't turn out well. They were tough. Cooked too long, didn't watch the grill lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom