Brisket

So this was my third attempt at Brisket. My first two sucked (sorry, no other words for it). Decided to try to follow Big Poppas video.

Started with a 14.5 lb CHOICE packer, BPS Little Louie's w/p, BPS Money, and BPS Happy Ending:

Trimmed and Seasoned (obviously not an expert at trimming yet):

On the 2 Star with the Amazn Tube Smoker with Hickory at 275°F:

Probed up and tube smoker moved to different location:

After cooking a while, but before foiling:

Foiled around 155°F and re-probed:

After venting, resting, and ready to carve:

A couple of pictures carved, but neither very good:

By far the best Brisket I have cooked (family like it for the first time), but still a ways to go to be good.

I still am not sure what burnt ends are, but here was my effort, and family liked them. Doubt I did it correctly, but tasted real good!

Thanks for looking!

dnew

Nice! Looks appealing to me for sure. Most love ribs, my favorite by far is brisket, especially prepared burnt ends.

scooter

Only your third?? Sheesh, it wasn't until my 40th when I felt I was getting somewhere. After that they just got better and better. Keep pressing forward NC! Yours is lookin pretty good from here!

TrickyDick

My first ever brisket was a winner, but my second and third I screwed up. Nothing worse than a ruined brisket, but YOU appear to be headed in the right direction! Congrats on that. I couldn't figure out the burnt ends thing either. Maybe try that the next time.

Your pics now have me hankering for some brisket now darn it! Gonna have to fix some real soon!

TD

Top Bottom