Brisket and Chicken for Fajitas

Patrick_CT

To celebrate my wife's birthday we wanted to do a version of fajitas.
Prepped the Brisket with chili lime and peppered Cow then let site for 6 hours in plastic wrap.

On the smoker at 1am (we were having a few beers with friends so figure put it on before bed :)
IMG_3889_zps1d1ad96f.jpg

1am Smoke I love my MAK! Set to 225.
IMG_3893_zps5845736b.jpg

Hit 170 around 7am. Boated with onions on the bottom beef broth worchester and a little lime/cilantro.
IMG_3894_zps91b082e4.jpg

Marinated the chicken in fajita. Used the griddle and grill part to cook off the veggies (onions,peppers and zucchini) and the chicken.

IMG_3898_zps0ccdc5c9.jpg

Finished:
IMG_3899_zps0b7f01a7.jpg

And sliced:
IMG_3900_zps13b7aa37.jpg

The party is busy and I did not take pictures of the assembled fajitas. We made a bar out of salsa , sour cream, corn, cheese, jalapanos, and a fruit salad.

It was a great DAy!

TentHunter

It sounds like you took a brisket and turned it, along with some chicken & veggies, into a great fajita bar! I bet your wife was a happy lady.

P.S. Now I'm going to have to try zucchini in my fajitas next time!

Patrick_CT

I should have taken more pictures, but you get caught up enjoying the family and friends.

I made a Pablano Pepper sauce that I put the chicken in which came our really well. I cooked and chopped the chicken ahead of time then put it all in the sauce. Reheated it before the dinner.

Zucchini gives the veggies a slightly different taste which we enjoy.

Top Bottom