American Royal Thread 2013

KimG SOW

Thought I would go ahead and start this now that the Invite chances are done. We are only about 9 wks out till hundreds of teams will be heading to KC.

As for Smoke On Wheels - we are cooking in BOTH this year (we usually don't but have some special guests from Australia coming:) ). And our house will be busting out its seams with BBQ people. I think our count of guests staying with us (currently) is 7. LOL - there will be bodies everywhere!!

So.... Who is coming!!

Meat Man

Sent our stuff in yesterday. Really excited to be able to do the invitational and open. Living the dream.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I think Im coming...for the next five years! The only perk the invitational winner gets....did I tell you guys that Jody and I won the Royal1 ahahahahah

Big Poppa

Administrator
Yeah they dont have any perks for the invitational...the open winner gets all of them and I think the invitational is a harder contest

HoDeDo

Yep open winner gets all the perks. I think the thought is that in the open, you compete against everyone in the invitational + everyone else...

This year is going to be fun! Can't wait!

Meat Man

We received our space assignment 082. Not really sure were that is in comparison to everything, but it looks like a pretty good spot on the map, kinda out of the way.

KimG SOW

Well the bad news is that you will have one of the longest walks to turn-in. Good news - as long as the teams over there are "good" it should be pretty quiet.

Meat Man

No kidding, it's just gonna be Amy and I so I'm going to try and get a spot a little closer to the judging area if I can. Maybe I can rent a runner :)

Last edited:

Meat Man

Got moved to 094 a whole two spots. They offered to move us to a spot right by the A lot, but I thought better of it. Some family from KC and St. Louis are going to come down and hang out, one of them was a track star in high school.

scooter

If we get a GC here pretty soon we'll be there otherwise not really wanting to drive all the way there just for the open. Fingers crossed we put it all together at one of the upcoming comps!

Top Bottom