Pot pie/beef wellington

BradT

OK pot pie and beef wellington are the two things i have been dying to make on a pellet cooker but I'm not real happy with my current recipes, so if you have a good one for either of these please share them with me.

CarterQ

Beef Wellington on the MAK is on this weekends menu. I'll keep you posted with how it turns out and if the recipe is worth sharing.

TentHunter

Alright Carter, you've got us all on the edge of our seats now! :)

Brad, Deb's Pie Crust is the bomb. Definitely get it!

BradT

WOW Deb looks like Im going to remake a small thanksgiving dinner just so i can make that pie, that looks so yummy! And yes i would love the crust details.

Deb

Brad- Here is the recipe Cook's Illustrated's Foolproof Pie Dough | Serious Eats : Recipes

This is a little different than a regular pie crust if you have made them before. It will feel too moist. It makes it easier to roll out than a standard pie crust. If I remember correctly what makes this recipe so flaky is that the vodka evaporates faster than water - so it can be moister for the rolling out but comes out really flaky after baking.

I omitted the sugar in the recipe for the pot pie and added the herbs that are in the thread above. I didn't measure but I made a double recipe of pie dough and ended up pretty much doubling everything you see on the cutting board

Last edited:
Top Bottom