Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs

Harvison

I happen to be one of those that browse the forum more than I post. Most of you all have some amazing cooks and I get blown away!!

I have been messing around and trying my own ingredients for brining. I finally got something worthy for a post here. The final cook was quite mouth watering.

Here's the recipe for the brine:

Chicken Brine:

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup kosher salt
* 1/4 cup soy sauce
* 1/4 cup malt vinegar
* 1 1/8 cup water
* 2 tbs. olive oil
* 1/4-1/2 cup hot sauce of choice
* 1/4 cup worcheseshire sauce
* 4 tbs. garlic powder
* 1 onion chopped
* 3 tbs. red pepper flakes
* 1 tsp. black pepper
* 2 tbs. ginger powder
* 2 tbs. cumin
* 2 tbs. chili powder
* 2 tbs. paprika
* 2 tbs. taco seasoning
* 2 tbs. mustard powder
* 10 lbs. chicken

Mix all ingredients together making sure it all dissolves. Pour over chicken and let marinade in brine at least 2 hours. I suggest overnight. Take directly out of brine and place on smoker or grill.

I cooked them on the pellet grill...
1 hour at 120 deg.
A-Maze-N tube going as well
BBQ Delight hickory
1 hour at 160 deg.
1 hour at 180 deg.
Finished at 250 deg.
At internal temperature 165 deg.

Sorry, only 1 picture...
View attachment 2360

Dan

Ozric

I just picked up some Mad Hunky Poultry brine, but I'm going to have to delay trying it. I got to "ginger" in your ingredients list, and stopped, ginger being one of my favs (in green smoothies and southeast Asian cuisine, mostly). I will try ANYTHING with ginger in it.

Thank you for sharing!

Oh, and don't worry about only one pic, Dan. Imma droolin' already. :)

FWIW, I've already copied the recipe into my recipe folder on my PC. Don't want to lose it. :)

Last edited:

dnew

Chicken has a juicy sheen to it, very appealing. Interesting brine recipe. I too usually use Mad Hunky Poultry Brine but it now looks like I have a new brine to try. Thanks for sharing!

Harvison

I just picked up some Mad Hunky Poultry brine, but I'm going to have to delay trying it. I got to "ginger" in your ingredients list, and stopped, ginger being one of my favs (in green smoothies and southeast Asian cuisine, mostly). I will try ANYTHING with ginger in it.

Thank you for sharing!

Oh, and don't worry about only one pic, Dan. Imma droolin' already. :)

FWIW, I've already copied the recipe into my recipe folder on my PC. Don't want to lose it. :)

I've never used Mad Hunky Poultry brine. I will have to give that a try as well.

Thanks for the kind words,
Dan

TentHunter

Harvison, I like the Mexican/Japanese Teriyaki fusion you have going on in that brine.

It looks like it gave a nice little crusty char too!

scooter

Harvison, what's not worthy to post in your mind could be something someone needed to learn from. Please don't hesitate to post because you feel it's not worthy. We all learn from each other from the very basic of posts to the very advanced brining recipe.

If I actually brined anything I'd try that recipe for sure! Thank you for sharing something you've obviously put a lot of trial and error into!

Top Bottom