Anyone coming to the East Coast?

Saxguy

I would love to meet up with some of the contributors on the forum. The Northeast is not exactly BBQ country. Are there any competitions on the east coast that members attend?

TrickyDick

Used to live in the NE. You couldn't drag me back there,well maybe for a quick visit, but no more.
The week I move, they opened a very nice (I hear) BBQ joint in Fairfield Co. Not sure on the particulars, but my friends told me I was missing out.
Urban BBQ is decent chain on east coast as well.
Anyway, all part of the reason I had to do it myself if I wanted the good stuff.

TD

Saxguy

BP - If you can coordinate a trip, Australian concert pianist Gil Sullivan will be playing at my home on Dec. 7th in preparation for his concert at Carnegie Hall. We'll probably have 40-50 people over. Let me know if you'd be interested in coming by - I'm pretty sure you have my email address ;)

KimG SOW

We (Smoke On Wheels) typically make it up the every couple of years to cook. New York is usually where we cook. We were there last year. So may not be or another year till we make it back.

HoDeDo

LOTS of contests in the northeast. Many of them have lots of great stories. Maine, RI, Mass, NY, NJ, etc. all have contests.
NY has 9-10 of its own or more now. I believe there is one in CT this weekend.

We LOVE cooking out there. We've also taught several classes out that way, and always had a good time.

Lake Placid holds a special place in our hearts - talk about an amazing venue.

Top Bottom