Holding Ribs

CarterQ

What's the best way to keep ribs warm before serving? Planning on doing a few racks tomorrow for a shindig and was wondering the best way to keep them without over cooking. Would like to get them done early and free up the smoker for other activities! How long before you're ready to serve do you keep them?

jimsbarbecue

I have kept them in a cooler for 4 hours before.They will continue to cook. Mine ended up being fall off the bone,but enjoyed.

scooter

After they were cooked and rested I'd just wrap them in foil and keep in a cooler covered with towels until cutting time. I'd wait to sauce them until time to eat, sauce them, throw on the grill to carmelize the sauce then cut them. Or don't sauce at all which is how the Mrs prefers them. They'll keep warm for hours in the cooler.

TentHunter

Same here; I've FTC'd ribs and held them for around 4 hours & like scooter I put them back on the grill for 15 - 30 minutes to glaze and/or finish them. It works pretty well.

Now... because they're very tender, I learned the hard way to use two sets of tongs, or my big black BBQ gloves, to carefully move them from the foil to back to the grill (don't ask - let's just say it was dissasterous, he he).

One more thing... Mmmmm ribs!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Once again home run from Jim. I love them in the cooler I brought some to a party and I whought that the flavors really bonded with the cooler rest

Top Bottom