New Killer Potato Recipe! Scalloped Potatoes Poppa Mexicana!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok I get lucky with potatoes Here is a dish I made up for the Vista BBQ Contest. pre heat you smoker to 400 Here are the ingredients Jalalujah Seasoned jalapeno salt is missing but used in the recipe. Salsa (choose the heat you like) Crema Mexicana, Shredded soft mexican white cheese Shredded Mexican Jalapeno cheese, thin sliced sweet onions and sliced taters
IMG_2401_zpsa707d387.jpg

Mix the salsa with the crema mexicana (you can substitute cream fraiche or sour cream) and start with that at the bottom co lightly cover, then add a layer of taters then onions then jalalujah med then each of the two shredded cheeses and repeat until pan is full
IMG_2403.jpg

Cook for 50 minutes and then uncover and cook for another 20 minutes until the top is how you like it
IMG_2404.jpg

Then I used the drum and seasoned tenderloin with a light jalalujah and money and smoked at 275 with pecan pellets and then lightly seared removed from heat at 127 internal and rested
IMG_2405.jpg

IMG_2412.jpg

IMG_2409.jpg

SoDakSmokerGolfer

Hey BP... I am being recruited again to cook for friends and family (NCAA football season kick off) and I want to do these potatoes.... Due to timing I will need to do some of the prep/cooking the day before. In the case of the potatoes would you think it would be better to Cook them to almost done and then pull them...put them in the fridge over night and then finish in the oven the next day? Or just put the whole prepared uncooked pan in the fridge and then pop that in the oven for the whole cook?

Which do you think would be best? For the first option I can do the first cook on the MAK the second option would be all in the oven.

Carter13

That looks pretty good and I think I may try it. I will substitute the jalapeno salt with some dried and ground up super hot moruga scorpion, primo, douglah or brain strain peppers that I am growing presently. I also will use my Tillamook smoked cheese.
I tend to like my food spicy to the point of sweating. :cool:
If I have an over run of peppers I will post a thread to those of you that would like to try some powders for free. Stay tuned for that.
Thanks for the recipe sterling.

Top Bottom