It's 4:00 am and it's time to..

Chili Head

Put on the brisket!!
Trimmed some fat and rubbed with double secret steak rub..
amu2ujyr.jpg

de7yra4y.jpg

umazuzy6.jpg

Cya in about 9 hours or so..time for bed!

TentHunter

For burnt ends, after the point is done and I've separated the flat, I like to cut the point into about 1 1/2" cubes, hit them with some more rub that has a good amount of brown sugar, put them in a foil pan and back on the grill at a fairly high heat for a bit to get a good crust on them. Then hit them with some BBQ sauce & back on the grill to caramelize a bit. When done, stick some tooth picks in them to serve.

Bite into one and smoky, sweet & spicy flavors just melt onto your tongue followed by a great beef flavor. It's like eating beef candy.

scooter

I do pretty much what Tent does except I mix in about 50/50 some of the jus from the brisket in with my BBQ sauce to thin it down a bit and get some of that great jus flavor into my sauce. pour the sauce into the halfpan with the burntends and roll them around then back into the cooker to set. I roll them around after about 10-15 mins and let them go a little longer then pull. Keep doing this until they're where you want them. Like Tent says, my kids call them cow candy.

Sometimes I use a frogmat for the first half where I'm cooking the rub then into the pan with the sauce. Sometimes its in the pan the whole time.

Last edited:

Chili Head

Ok ...brisket craving satisfied!

The burnt ends were outa sight! Everyone loved em!
hequ9u2a.jpg

Nice looking smoke ring going on.
barugy2u.jpg

Cubed em up and dusted with Happy Ending.
puny3ena.jpg

y6uha5yv.jpg

Now we're getting somewhere! Boosted the temp to 350 for this part.
ryseje9y.jpg

arema6up.jpg

Once they Caramelized a bit I put em in a pot with some blues hog mixed with water and apple cider vinegar.
u4yhazy6.jpg

These are looking done to me!
dumu8aqy.jpg

ja6enypu.jpg

The flat got sliced and put on kings Hawaiian buns.
7yzeje2u.jpg

y9uhugeb.jpg

e5egujeb.jpg

7y6e6ame.jpg

utubu5a9.jpg

Thanks for looking! Wish I could share!

Brisket and burnt ends look great! Nice job Chili. Thanks for sharing all of the pictures on the burnt ends. Now I have a better idea of how to make them. Thanks Tent and Scooter for sharing your methods.

Mayn

Ohhhhhhhhh my!!!! That looks so friggen good. I have yet to do a brisket but would like to know all your cook info cause that is amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Chili Head

Mayn what do you want to know?
I'm not the brisket guru around here but I'll help any way I can.
It's was done on the MAK 2 star..ran it on smoke the first hour then 250 until done. The flat was done before the point by an hour. The flat temped at 217 when the probe went into the point with little resistance. Thinking back I shoulda pulled it when the flat was done because I cubed the point for burnt ends anyway. The flat wasn't dry but any longer cooking it would have been. I dodged a bullet this time! I don't go by temp so much any more but more by feel. If my temp probe goes into the meat easily with little to no resistance it's done. The burnt ends turned out better than expected. They are Like meat candy! Melt in your mouth goodness.

Top Bottom