Salad: Smoked chicken, strawberry, mango, red onion, and spinach

roburado

Hey, all.

It's been a long time since I've posted any cooks. Hope this post finds you all well. Anyway, here's something that the wife has been making me lately.

She makes a great salad with smoked chicken breast, spinach, mango, strawberry, red onion, and spinach. She served me a nice glass of Pellegrino with strawberry and lime too.

TentHunter

That looks like a great lite supper for a summer evening. I really like the flavor combos going on there.

Did you use any kind of dressing on it?

roburado

Looks great! Good to see you back!

Thanks! Been quite busy. My wife and I got married in late April, and a lot of our time went to getting ready for that. Plus, I have had some other stuff going on. My wife has been doing most of the smoking and grilling lately.

That looks like a great lite supper for a summer evening. I really like the flavor combos going on there.

Did you use any kind of dressing on it?

We didn't use any dressing. It's got a fair amount of moisture with the mango and strawberry, but I suppose it's probably not moist enough for a lot of people like that. I've been on a diet that advocates using less added oils, no sugar, pretty low carbs except for fruits and vegetables. So, that pretty much cancels out any dressing. I bet a nice fruity vinaigrette would work really well.

Looks tasty!

Thanks! It's one of my favorite salads that she does!

dnew

Very, very inviting for sure. Love the lightness coupled with a great mixture of flavors. I don't think I would need a dressing for that either. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom