sriracha horseradish prime rib on the memphis pro

Big Poppa

Administrator
Granddaughter's first birthday. The other Grandpa Jimbo is a smoker too! Made cooking for the party really easy! He has side by side built in Memphis Pro's

Pre heat to 260

Trim the excess fat off the roasts and then mix in a bowl the creamed horseradish and the sriracha and horseradish. Mix it so it has the color of tomato soup
IMG_2659_zps20ff9001.jpg

Dont be afraid to rub liberally
IMG_0107_zps244aa7c6.jpg

I then hit it with a light dusting of Simply Marvelous Cherry and the some Big Poppa Money rub a lot of that.
IMG_1286_zps45e83e8d.jpg

Just to prove my speed of seasoning....
IMG_6412_zps25e63cf9.jpg

Onto their home for about 3 hours
IMG_1289_zpsbdfa8f88.jpg

The first two I pulled at 133 and 134 internal...the third one 121 as I knew it would have the longer rest. The really important thing with a large cut of meat and a large crown is to presentation carve. If you pre carve you lose the ability to portion control...ie give uncle bud the kings cut and aunt judy a thin slice...also the meat dries out on the platter..so by presentation carving you keep the heat and moisture in the roast. Also when you are doing these big cuts you are usually part of a larger cook and if you cook at a higher temp and the dinner gets delayed by someones dish you dont end up ruining the meat due to the residual cook...as it rests it will continue to cook so you have to anticipate the increase in final internal temp
Resting nicely
IMG_1293_zps28302147.jpg

Money Shot
IMG_2468_zps59409d67.jpg

TentHunter

YUM! I love that horseradish flavor on the outside of prime rib (why I like using a spicy brown mustard).

I bet the Horseradish/Sriracha combo was killer. Nice, BP. Very nice!

scooter

Why the cherry rub BP? I think you had better beef rubs to use than cherry. You nailed the doneness as always! Looks great.

Big Poppa

Administrator
scooter....I get it Chris gets a 180 and you are a flavor expert....hahahah Ask steph I did this because in creating a flavor profile that was just hot and tart you need slight offset to make it pop....the cherry was a very light base rub and helped this this pop as one. We stumbled into it cooking strube dino bones....steph and I were collaborating and we decided that we didnt want sweet money but wanted to use money but give it a little something extra we cooked them and everyone that had them said they were the best they had eaten...ask the woodhouse people

Tatonka3A2

Horseradish blend on the outside...I love that idea and my mind is spinning with flavor combos. Great looking cook I can only imagine how great it was!

Top Bottom