Brisket Champ - 180

Trooper

Heard that Smoking Yankees pulled a first place this weekend with a 180 in brisket.
Also thought I saw a photo, with Scooter as well.
Mega-Congrats, guys. Fill us in on the details.

Last edited:

scooter

Thanks guys! It was a great brisket and to do it up here with those low scoring NorCal judges made it even sweeter! ;)
Textbook pull test, tender, moist, great beef flavor, perfect color, it had it all. Although we didn't like the brisket out of the cryo at all! Interesting how things end up from a bad start.
Chris not only jumped off the stage, he got airborne off the stage. I thought he might crack one of his ankles! I was last off the stage and noticed nobody had grabbed our trophy. I looked back and the presenter was doing a victory dance on stage waving our trophy over his head! Hilarious! :)
It's a sweet feeling getting a 180. BP knows how it feels. Felt like we GC'd but we came in 3rd overall. Our pork tanked and took us out of the running for GC but truth be told, that 180 made it seem like we GC'd. Was a great weekend with friends and BBQ family. On to the next contest at one of BP's favorites up here in NorCal! Rubstock in Cameron Park the middle of next month.

Here's a pic of the slices
524437_10151796534134076_1100269048_n.jpg

Our team on stage. L-R: Kelly Mckintosh (KCBS Rep) handing Chris his 1st 180 pin, Chris Juencke (pronounced Yankee), Bekah Juencke, the presenter, Megan Juencke, scooter
1234389_626495667384923_64892022_n.jpg

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
actually you softies up there have given two 180's this year...Matty got one in chicken in a big one up there.....see its my subtle influence

btw I have no idea how it feels I dont go to awards...James didnt know what a 180 was and was getting the award and everyone was yelling at him...he said he thought we did something wrong....

scooter

Haha, there's nothing about you that is subtle!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

Carter13

That pic of your teams brisket is a thing of beauty.
With a fantastic turn in like that you don't need burnt ends.

Top Bottom