Hawaiian Ribs...sort of!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok to start I was in the east all week and froze....here is a sign that its a good night to smoke! (also rubbing it in)
P1000275.jpg

Made some Pineapple fried rice...cooked some white rice, then cored a fresh pineapple and put 3Eyez rub on it and seared too. The salt in the rub brings the sugars out of the pineapple.
P1000276.jpg

Then I sauteed the diced pineapple with sweet onion and scallions
P1000278.jpg

Then stir fried it with some soy and light teriyaki Just a little of each..When the rice was close I put some butter in and melted it and covered.
Now for the change up ribs...I used a balsamic with apple as the glue, then I coated lightly with Butchers Honey and a top coat of 3 eyez.

P1000272.jpg

put them on the MAK set to smoke for 1 hour then bumped it to 260 for two hours
P1000273.jpg

Foiled them with some clarified butter, honey,brown sugar, and Soy Vey Hawaiian Teriyaki for 45 minutes
Removed the foil and basted the ribs and finished for 1/2 hour
P1000285.jpg

Served the ribs in a bowl sitting on top of the Pineapple rice and added a few Kings Hawaiian Rolls
P1000283.jpg

It was a nice change up

bflodan

Looks fantastic as usual!!! Can you fill me in on what Butchers Honey is?? Ive seen it in a few posts, curious of what it is and where I can get some...thanks

Deb

Wow, very nice!!

I'm quite sure that first picture is what it looked like in CT last night (not).

Big Poppa

Administrator
It is a sweet rub that is make by BUtchers BBQ who make injections and rubs...Oh David from Butchers is a top BBQ chef on the circuit
I like to us it when I do a two or three stage rub Usually I have it as a top rub with a spicy under rub. It is a really neat rub (shameless plug but it's in the Big Poppa Store)

jimsbarbecue

It is a sweet rub that is make by BUtchers BBQ who make injections and rubs...Oh David from Butchers is a top BBQ chef on the circuit
I like to us it when I do a two or three stage rub Usually I have it as a top rub with a spicy under rub. It is a really neat rub (shameless plug but it's in the Big Poppa Store)

I don't consider it a shameless plug when you are using it on food your are serving. Because if it didn't work you would not have posted it.

Top Bottom