Brisket and Burnt Ends

MossyMO

Started with a 14 pound untrimmed brisket, injected with homemade smoked au jus from the prime rib cook a week ago and refrigerated the brisket overnight, then trimmed and also seasoned with Tatonka Dust.

-----

Had the WSM holding steady between 235º and 250º the entire cook smoking with cherry.

-----

Here is the brisket about 7 hours in just prior to separating the point and foiling the flat to go back in the WSM.

-----

Burnt ends from the brisket point were made with Tatonka Dust, brown sugar, Blue Moon - Belgium pale ale and a little Plowboys Sweet 180 was added right before serving.

-----

A hash-brown casserole and sweet corn brushed with garlic olive oil and seasoned with Big Poppa's Jallelujah Bacon Jalapeño rub on the grill with a foiled pan on burnt ends on the lower rack with the brisket was resting in a cooler, this brisket cooked a little over 11 hours.

-----
Brisket being sliced...

-----
and now plated...

-----

and a close up for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for looking!

Chili Head

That brisket looks to die for!
Hash brown casserole , corn on the cob, burnt ends and sliced brisket! What's not to love about that!?

Mayn

OMG. Looks awesome. Brisket is what I still need to try. Little afraid of the trimming process. Don't know the difference enough to trim it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That is one juicy brisket, and the burnt ends look great too! I cooked brisket this weekend and this tells me I have a long way to go! Great job.

Top Bottom