Poker Night Ribs on the Memphis Pro

buckybacker

I had the guys over for poker night Friday and they loved the ribs. Here's how I did them-

Remove the back membrane
Rub the ribs and store overnight in the fridge
Add one to two cups of liquid to a glass measuring cup
Smoke for seven hours at 200 degrees until the internal temp in the ribs is 170 degrees

I like Costco ribs and briskets. The membrane on the back of the ribs is already removed. I use Famous Dave's rib rub. It has a great aroma and doesn't have a lot of spice. When I'm not makin' ribs for the guys, I'm making dinner for the kids!

Deephaven-20101210-00017-1.jpg

Here's my Memphis Pro. I feel a little guilty posting a snow covered photo. I suggest you use one of their great covers. Mine is to the left...also snow covered. For this outing I used Maple and All Purpose pellets. I didn't feel like there was a distinct maple flavor. I think the only 'flavor' worth using is hickory.

Minnetonka-20101210-00016.jpg

I use a small about of liquid to keep the interior of the smoker a little humid. My first choice is red wine. It's a great use for that small amount of wine at the bottom of the bottle that has been sitting on the kitchen counter for days. But I also, like Coke, root beer, Dr. Pepper or in this case Mr. Pibb. I don't think I would use diet pop.

Minnetonka-20101210-00019.jpg

Four racks of ribs nestled in for a long winter's nap...

Minnetonka-20101210-00021.jpg

Seven hours later, the internal temp is about 168 degrees. I am typically comfortable serving them in the high 160's to low 170.

Minnetonka-20101210-00026.jpg

I let the ribs sit for 5 to 7 minutes after a pull them off the smoker.

Minnetonka-20101210-00027.jpg

For a big group, I'll slice the ribs in two or three to make it easier to serve. You will notice that I surrounded the ribs with a wide variety of BBQ sauces. Not one guy (out of 11) chose to wreck that great smoky flavor with sauce!

Minnetonka-20101210-00029.jpg

Carnivores, simply rabid carnivores-

Minnetonka-20101210-00031.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
Great first post. Very manly cooking in those conditions but the Memphis handles it lie a pro.....oh wait it is a pro

Top Bottom