Another Brisket Attempt

I did a brisket a few weeks back following BP's video. Came out real good, but I wanted a darker color. So, only thing I changed this time was leaving it out of foil until I was satisfied with the color of the bark.

Trimmed and seasoned with BPS LLw/P, Happy Ending, and Money rub. On the top shelf of the MAK 2 Star at 265-275°F with MAK probe and Maverick probe, using BBQD hickory pellets:

A-MAZE-N tube smoker filled with hickory pellets in the back, on the bottom shelf:

After the bark was the color I wanted and just prior to foil:

Tightly foiled with a bit of apple juice:

After venting and resting:

Burnt ends cut up and put back on (still don't have this down, taste great but don't look right):

Flat sliced up:

Plated shot:

Very good, but still some work to do.

Thanks for looking!

TentHunter

It looks like your brisket cooks are coming along fine. The slices look like they have plenty of moisture and you sure got a gorgeous smoke ring.

For the burnt ends, after cutting the point into cubes (like you did), apply some rub and put them back on at a relatively high heat to bark & crust up. I like to use a rub with a good amount of brown sugar to help this along. After they get a nice bark, hit them with a little sauce to glaze & caramelize a bit.

Top Bottom