Have you ever

So Cal Smoker

Have you ever used a Food Tumbler? I have been looking on line at them and would like to get some input as to how well they work. The unit that sounds good is the Eastman Outdoors Reveo Marivac 38229. Has anyone used this unit and if so how did you like it?
Did you use a different unit and if so how did it work?
Thanks for the input and Happy Holidays to all.

Bill:cool:

Red

I have a Reveo MariVac Food Tumbler Marinader. I love it. It works wonders on chicken, either brining or marinading it works great. Cuts marinade time from hours into minutes. A huge bonus for vacuum food tumblers, that I never even considered until using my unit is that it makes wicked infused drinks. Put a bunch of cut pineapple or other fruit in with some (a bunch in my case) vodka, and you can make some incredible drinks (if you enjoy that type of thing).

I know BP will post. He uses a bigger unit that pulls a stronger vacuum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red

I think the only down side to the Reveo unit is size. I have ended up cutting some freakishly large tri-tips in half because they just wont fit in the unit, and if they do fit it will sometimes slip on the drive wheels if the load is too heavy. If it does start to slip just make sure the outside of the tumbler is free from any liquid especially oils and clean off the rubber drive wheels with soapy water.

nepas

All the time for years now. Holds 5 pounds, just make sure the top is on good before the vac starts.

DSC00905.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
I started with the reveo and I think it is poor....I had tons of seal problems and the power of the vacuum is not near what the semi commercial units are

Top Bottom