Great Customer Service

dmarotta

Just got off the phone with Bob from Mak Grills regarding a question about my grill.
It is amazing that in this day and age one can actually speak with the owner of a company for technical help. Bob should work on an Indian accent so we can feel like we are getting normal customer service.
BTW. There is one other company where you can actually speak with the owner. Any guesses?

TTNuge

Seriously, the top two in the pellet grill market are well represented here in Bob and Sterling. Couldn't ask for anything more.

MAK DADDY

Thanks guy's, it's easy with great customers!

Dave, I didn't see your grill registration in my system. Please visit our website and submit it so I can get your shipping info :)
www.makgrills.com
Thanks again,
Bob

dmarotta

My bad. Just registered but still cannot find a serial #. The wife claims I am blind so I had her check also.
Thanks again for the help.

dmarotta

Bob, thanks for the walk through on the igniter install.Had to use needle nose vise grips to loosen the set screw on the igniter. Otherwise, an easy retrofit. Grill seems to be working fine.
Also, thanks for the Mak Honey Stinger Grilling Sauce. The whole family loves it ...definitely a reorder.
FYI. The serial # 000021 is located inside the fan cover.

MAK DADDY

You are very welcome!
Now it is all making sense, #21! Scooter I know you are jealous :) So you didn't have the screw to hold the fan panel in like I was explaining either, LOL.
Do you have the pellet Boss or are you still sporting the old dial?

Yes, we actually switched that set screw to a thumb screw which was still a pain so we now have a clip that the igniter just snaps into so future grill owners won't know how good they have it :)
Of course now the we have these bullet proof igniter's it doesn't really matter anyway :)

P1020222.jpg

Big Poppa

Administrator
THose set screws are Bob's revenge for anything I did that bothers him......Dave if you don thave the digital let me know I will get you squared away on the house.

dmarotta

# 21 Has the Pellet Boss. A thumb screw would have helped, but your new clip system looks great. Forgot how these grills look when they are new.I consider the grease buildup and smoke funk a badge of honor.

sparky

all you here about is how bob and bp stand behind everything they do. i have been pellet grilling since july or august. not long. but, damn. they have made a name for themselves by helping ppl solve all their pellet grill problems. i would be a idiot not to buy from them. i guess i just old school. spark don't know much but customer service is number one in my book. that's just my say.

scooter

He's got one of the 25 pilot 2 Stars? Thought the serial number was in the hopper in the pilots? Did the 25 pilots have the flat 2 stars or the beveled 2 stars?

A clip on for the igniter is another great idea!

jafrey711

I have worked for Ernie Ball for ten years and now work with Big Poppa Smokers. It has been a pleasure working with Mak Grills and seeing they have that same level of customer service that EB AND BPS strive for.

MAK DADDY

He's got one of the 25 pilot 2 Stars? Thought the serial number was in the hopper in the pilots? Did the 25 pilots have the flat 2 stars or the beveled 2 stars?

A clip on for the igniter is another great idea!

Yep, flat stars and a dial controller :) The tag is inside under the hopper, that's why he couldn't find it.
Funny how fast things change, one thing we have done well is making things back wards compatible!

MAK Mamma

I have worked for Ernie Ball for ten years and now work with Big Poppa Smokers. It has been a pleasure working with Mak Grills and seeing they have that same level of customer service that EB AND BPS strive for.
Thanks Jeff - the feeling is very mutual, we love working with you guys! :)

Top Bottom