Easy mid week on the MAK

jimsbarbecue

Cooking good food on the MAK doesn't require a lot of prep. Here are two items we do fairly regular. One a thin cut ribeye with just Black Peppered Cow spice. Cook until a internal of about 120 off the grill zone . Then on the grill zone to bring to temp and add a little crust.

Second is Chicken. We use a light dusting of the Chicken "Pollo" rub we pick up at the Hispanic markets. Then season with Jallelujah Bacon Jalapeno Rub. Nothing else. Cooked between 400 and 425. Sometimes we just use the Jallelujah rub. We do the Chicken everyweek.

IMG_4791-XL.jpg

IMG_4792-XL.jpg

IMG_4790-XL.jpg

TentHunter

I normally like thicker cut steaks, but I think I'll pick up some thin cut ribeyes and gives this quickie method a chance.

We've been keeping chicken simple like that too, and I love it. The only thing we're doing different is to coat with a little mayo first.

TentHunter

I need to try using some mayo. Do you just spread it on? The hit it with the rub

Yep, just slather on a light coating then hit with rub. You're basically using the mayo as glue. I think the reason it works so well is because the mayo sticks when it heats up instead of running off like other oils.

Top Bottom