Get back on that horse...

It has been awhile, but I had to get back on the proverbial horse and ride.
I am still not allowed to drive, but I am able to navigate the computer a little better (slow improvement is better than no improvement) anyway..

I got dropped off a the cabin for the weekend, just me and the dog. I had to get things together quickly, but I wanted to cook a nice dinner for myself, and okay a little for the dog.

I grabbed some 12 year old espresso balsamic vinegar, garlic evoo,basic spices, salt, pepper garlic, lemon, parmesan cheese, and then chicken thighs, asparagus,and mushrooms

Nothing fancy, used the flavored balsamic vinegar, garlic olive oil, and salt and pepper on the thighs. The espresso balsamic is so good, I could almost have a shot of it straight. I didn't have frog mats, but I did have a couple of cedar planks, and I thought why not cook the asparagus and mushrooms on them. It turned out pretty good, just a hint of earthy flavor from the planks. It made me wonder... could you put flavor into the cedar planks while soaking them? For instance a little garlic salt in the water? Hs anyone evert experimented withe this?

Finished and plated.

Ler's not forget dessert.

HTS

Top Bottom