Church Brunch

TentHunter

We had a brunch at Church last weekend for Pastor Appreciation Sunday. I was in charge of planning & providing the meat.

5 lbs of mini beef kielbasa links made up & put into the fridge overnight to cure & dry out a little.
CB1301.JPG

7 lbs of breakfast sausage mixed up & into the fridge overnight. This will be made into sausage gravy.
CB1302B.JPG

4 lbs of Cider Mill Bacon taken out of the freezer.
CB1303.JPG

The wife had to go to work and the kids and I got up early the next morning to put the bacon & beef sausages on the MAK to smoke/cook @ 225° for a couple hours.
CB1304.JPG

We had to use a roasting pan to make the gravy there was so much of it. It just needs to finish cooking & thicken up a bit.
CB1305.JPG

Time to take the sausages off & start glazing the bacon with a little brown sugar syrup.
CB1306.JPG

A crock pot keeps the mini beef smokies warm.
CB1309.JPG

No plated pics (sorry). I almost forgot to get pics of the bacon & gravy until after they were pretty well gone!
The gravy thickened up quite nicely. It was creamy, peppery & good. :) It was served over biscuits & roasted potatoes.
CB1307.JPG

The Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon disappeared quickly.
CB1308.JPG

Normally the Mrs. is there to snap a few pics, but she was at work this year. It was a real feast with lots of pastries, fruit, roasted potatoes, an Italian Strata... the food & fellowship was great!

Thanks for sneaking a peek!

Cliff

Last edited:
Top Bottom