Chicken Paprikash

RickB

Some spices

IMG_2242_zps21743b1d.jpg

Into some flour

IMG_2243_zps98b59966.jpg

Render down some pancetta. I did add a little duck fat.

IMG_2245_zps17e223c5.jpg

Flour the chicken thighs and brown in the fat.

IMG_2251_zpse77d901b.jpg

Remove the chicken and sweat some veggies in the fat.

IMG_2252_zps039592ae.jpg

Add some of the dredge to the veggies and make a roux. Add some chicken stock. then put the chicken back in and cover. cook in the oven for 1 hour at 300.

IMG_2253_zps21069cee.jpg

Boil some egg noodles and plate with some fresh parsley.

IMG_2258_zps6e61076c.jpg

Enjoy!

TentHunter

Man, that looks really good Rick. I love Paprikash and was just thinking of making some this past weekend. The pancetta is an unexpected twist, but I like it.

Chili Head said:
I've never heard of that before

Paprikash is a staple in these parts (lots of Hungarians). It's a classic Hungarian chicken stew using paprika to flavor and color the broth and sometimes thickened with sour cream. Most typically it's served with dumplings (often cooked right in the stew), or thick egg noodles and occasionally over rice.

RickB

Man, that looks really good Rick. I love Paprikash and was just thinking of making some this past weekend. The pancetta is an unexpected twist, but I like it.

Paprikash is a staple in these parts (lots of Hungarians). It's a classic Hungarian chicken stew using paprika to flavor and color the broth and sometimes thickened with sour cream. Most typically it's served with dumplings (often cooked right in the stew), or thick egg noodles and occasionally over rice.

Was going to use sour cream but sauce was thick enough without it. The pancetta was just for the fat. Did not add the cracklins to thedish.

Phred

That's a dish my Grandmother from Hungary used to make all the time. Brings back some good memories.

Top Bottom