What happens when 2 feet of snow and a herniated disk combine

TTNuge

It's been a bit now since the big snow storm came rolling through and it's been killing me that I haven't been able to use my MAK in well over a week. Unfortunately I've been laid up in bed mostly for the last two weeks dealing with a bad back. It was bad enough when my Father had to come over and blow out our driveway, I couldn't ask him to shovel off the deck as well. Fortunately the wife is going through the same food withdrawals that I am and I think she's finally to the point where she is going to get out there and shovel it herself.

IMG_3504-vi.jpg

Trust me, there's a MAK in there somewhere. The drift in the foreground of the picture is a good 3 feet deep at least. I think I'll have to reward her hard work with some ribs this weekend.

sparky

my wife had a herniated disk. she couldn't move or anything. she had surgery and was back up doing things in no time. dude, if i lived closer i would come over and shovel your back deck off. you would have to go get some fat tire though.

ACW3

TTNuge,
Another solution to your snowed-in-MAK is to "offer" a neighbor some ice-cold Peppermint Schnapps to shovel you out (and possibly some good cooked MAK food). When my back went out (two major surgeries) in Virginia, I used to place a bottle of Peppermint Schnapps in the snow by my garage door to "entice" my neighbor to bring his snowblower over and clear my driveway. Worked every time! He loved his snowblower, his Schnapps, and being a really great neighbor. Try it. It may work for you.

Art

Rip

Wow! Guess I'm not going to whine about smoking in the cold drizzle yesterday. I hope you get better soon! Snow shoveling isn't a good rehab project, I'd go with "bribe the neighbors".

TTNuge

I got enough of a path cleared that I've been able to get the MAK smoke flowing. I have three boys, the oldest is 12 and while they usually do a half-arsed job, it was enough for me to get out there. And thankfully the back is feeling a lot better after the steroid shot, I can tell the issue is still there but at least I can function.

And welcome to the site MN BBQ Shack. I agree I do need a shed, been keeping an eye on Craigslist for a decent one at a reasonable price. I helped my Dad and brother move about 4 sheds this past summer for up at the hunting shack. Most people give them away rather than pay someone to move them. Of course you usually get what you pay for, something perfectly fine for the hunting shack but not necessarily fine for in town. Where about in the South Metro are you, I live out in Waconia but my In-Laws live in Prior Lake and the Lakeville area.

Rip

Nice pic...sunny and 50's right now here in eastern NE, winter storm expected tonight into tomorrow....but not expecting anything like in MN.

MN bbq shack

TTNuge, I live in Burnsville. I built my shack this summer, 10x16 with an 8x8 door. keeps the snow and wind away.
Hope your back keeps improving. I had a burst disc about 7 yrs ago, NOT fun!

Top Bottom