Short ribs decision

TrickyDick

I picked up some short ribs today on a whim. On my own the next few nights while Julie is out of town with her Mom up to NYC. So of course I'm making pork chops. Trying something new, which I'll definitely post here...

Anyway, while I'm in the grocery store I wander by a beef roast and some short ribs, was thinking something quick and easy Monday night.
I think I'm doing the roast on the MAK on Sunday, maybe with twice baked potatoes, but I am torn on what to do with the short ribs.
Couple things come to mind: sous vide then finished with a sauce and garlic mashed potatoes or au gratin potatoes or in a risotto, meat trimmed off the bone. Seared and then braised with tomatoes, dried chiles and cannelloni(?) white beans and red wine is also a winner.
Anybody have a favorite pellet cooker short rib ideas that I might try?

TD

Tatonka3A2

I have done beef short ribs and cooked them almost the same as pork ribs... 2 hours on the grill seasoned up how you like, then into foil with some dark beer, butter, and a little more seasoning for 45 mins or so then back on the grill out of the foil. Turned out really good.

TentHunter

I have done beef short ribs and cooked them almost the same as pork ribs... 2 hours on the grill seasoned up how you like, then into foil with some dark beer, butter, and a little more seasoning for 45 mins or so then back on the grill out of the foil. Turned out really good.

Yeah, that's got my vote! And add some sliced onions when you foil them too.

Top Bottom