2nd Annual King of the Smoker!!

Matt Dalton

Who's excited for this one?..I can tell you I sure am and I'll begin to practice a few new things especially with the chicken..the judges are in for a treat this year as we will only have two whole chickens to get our samples from..which in turn forces us to be creative and test our skill by having to put multiple cuts in and not all judges getting the same thing..what do you guys think will the good ol yardbird be the deciding factor this year?..cluck yes it will..hahahaha

TentHunter

I think that's an interesting twist and will force many out of their comfort zone to see what they can really do.

scooter

Can't wait Matt! I'll be in the judges tent again this year. Very humbled by the opportunity. Last years KotS was easily the best BBQ contest I've ever attended from the venue to the competitors, from the Reps to the BPS staff who ran a flawless contest in a breathtakingly beautiful resort.
As a judge you hope for at least 2-3 strong entries per judging plate. At KotS there were 6 out 6 strong entries on each plate, it's a judges delight! I've never written down so many 9's before or since! lol
See you there!

Ducaticraig

This will be my first BBQ Competition to attend. As a spectator I'm looking forward to meeting some people behind the screen names on this website. If anyone here will be at the event please reply to this post so I know who to look for to say hello. I will wear my brown Big Poppa Smoker T-shirt with a Red Ducati Hat. Looking forward to all the fun and meeting new faces.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

dnew

Lucky you Scooter, hoping to be selected to judge KotS one day. I love to judge events that challenge a judges ability.

TentHunter

I would love being able to fly out for this event, but it's not in the cards this time of year.

Jim, please do what you're so good at and take lots of great photos to share!

Matt Dalton

This will be my first BBQ Competition to attend. As a spectator I'm looking forward to meeting some people behind the screen names on this website. If anyone here will be at the event please reply to this post so I know who to look for to say hello. I will wear my brown Big Poppa Smoker T-shirt with a Red Ducati Hat. Looking forward to all the fun and meeting new faces.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4
You couldn't have picked a better venue for your first time...it's truly one of a kind...he took real life competition experiences(good and bad)and kept the best of those for this event..you will not see this many top level teams all in one place here in Ca any other time..that's how big it is and how tough the teams are..see you there!

Ducaticraig

Thanks for the info. I'm looking forward to this event and meeting a whole bunch of people who have a passion for the world of BBQ. Also looking to purchase some Tshirts and try some good food. If I'm lucky I will get some helpful pointers to improve upon my grilling techniques. See you soon, Craig

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

hank858SD

Yes I too am looking forward to the event. Maybe see you there Craig. Not sure what I'll be warring ? Hope to get pointers and insights for my cooks as well. I know the food will be truley phenomenal ! ! I am still a novice but have learned a ton lurking on these fourms and smoking for the past 9 months.

I've only been to one other competion and was fortuninate to meet Scoter who is a class act. He actually convinced the wife to let me get a smoker. Once we got ours she told me why did I wait so long to get "one of these things"

Hope to see you there a long with many other fourm friends. (18 days and counting down)

scooter

Looking forward to seeing you again Hank! And pleased to see you posting again. I think your avatar is the backdrop from the Santa Anita contest where we met?

jimsbarbecue

adyzyhud.jpg

The view from our room this morning at King of the Smoker. As great as the view is the smell of BBQ is even better

jimsbarbecue

3usyvuma.jpg

This is the view from breakfast this morning at King of the Smoker.
Have I mentioned Big Poppa knows how to do things right?

Top Bottom