Thinking of buying a Chef's choice knife sharpener

Ricker

Thinking of buying one of the Chef's Choice knife sharpeners but not sure which model would work best for me. I thinking about the 110 or 120 model and around that price range. Any pros or cons from anyone?

ACW3

Ricker,
Check out the Edge Pro Apex Sharpening System. For about the same money as the Chef's Choice 110 or 120, you can get one of the less expensive setups. You can always "add" the extras later to upgrade the sharpening stones. I just ordered the Apex 3 that has all I would need for a long time. It was $199.95. I have had a Chef's Choice 110 for many years. It was adequate for the way I used my knives around the kitchen. However, now that I am cooking more, both in the kitchen and on my MAK, I found that I needed to improve the edges on my knives. This looks like it will do the trick. Check out the post called "Knife Sharpen Photo". It appears a number of people are already using the Apex system.

Art

jimsbarbecue

I agree with ACW3 the Apex lets you do all angles like German knives at 20º Japanese knives at 15º Pocket knives at 24º etc.Double bevel if your so inclined. The chefs choice is only 20º.I do have the 120 and on the 20º knives it does a good job.

Top Bottom