Cookbooks

CarterQ

Just curious what everyone's go to cookbooks are when looking for a recipe or ideas.

a few of mine:

Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book by Chris Lilly
Smoke and Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison
BBQ Bible by Stephen Raichlen
Betty Crocker Cookbook

Amazingribs.com is also a definite go to for recipes online

Just got Charcuterie by Brian Polcyn and Thomas Keller, this is an amazing book, now I just need to start learning how to do it!

BigBountyBBQ

Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book by Chris Lilly is just a great BBQ book

I'm looking forward to ordering the Mike Mills Peace Love & BBQ book soon...anybody have that yet?

CarterQ

On the Christmas list, great thing about those books is the history and stories that come along with the recipes.

HoDeDo

Smoke and Spice is my original BBQ Bible
Big Time BBQ Cookbook (any of Ray's cookbooks)
Willingham's Cookbook
Adam Perry Lang's 1st cookbook...

Trooper

I've found Adam Perry Lang's book SERIOUS BARBECUE to have very well detailed set-by-step instructions, great photographs, and wonderful fresh new ideas about adding flavor to the meat.

BBQ MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER by Aaron Chronister & Jason Day is also fine study material and has some good humor too.

squirtthecat

A couple I've picked up recently..

Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutus
Charcuterie from Michael Ruhlman

After buying that, Amazon suggested this one to me... (found it cheaper via abebooks.com)

Ratio 'The simple codes behind the craft of everyday cooking' - also by Michael Ruhlman

And a couple of fun ones...

The 1896 Boston Cooking-School Cook Book (reprint of a facsimile of the original - some crazy stuff in that one!)

And the last: Manifold Destiny. 'The one! The only! Guide to cooking on your car engine'

;)

Last edited:

Deb

Hey Squirt - there is a Ratio app for the iphone, not sure if there is a droid one

My name is Deb & I have a cookbook problem....... I can't list them all but the bbq/curing related ones that I have are:

Smoke & Spice
Charcuterie
Great Sausage Recipes & Meat Curing
Bruce Aidells Complete Sausage
Marinade , Rubs, Brines, Cures & Glazes by Jim Tarantino

I also have the Ratio book that Squirt mentioned above

and I see a couple above that I think I need

TentHunter

My name is Deb & I have a cookbook problem.......

Ha ha ha ha!!! Too funny Deb! Forget the presidential libraries... go to Deb's

Hmmm... you know I hadn't thought about cookbooks for my Christmas wish list...

Hint to wife & kids --> Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutus, Charcuterie from Michael Ruhlman

That "Ratio" book sounds intriguing too.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I believe that Peace Love and BBQ is a must for a beginning smoker. The recipes are fine but the table it sets as far as the culture is priceless. I also love Chris Lilly's nad the one's Andy mentioned. I like some of Paul Kirks and therre is a legends of texas bbq that is cool

Top Bottom