Special Holiday Events?

TentHunter

Once again this year I get to be the resident Bass Guitarist for the 8th grade middle school jazz band where my son attends. Its extra special for me this year because my 14 year old son is the drummer. Jazz band is a class (in addition to regular band) and not just extra curricular, so these kids are actually quite good for their age.

Today we did a special Christmas Jazz gig for the folks down at the Summit County DD Building (Developmental Disabilities). What an excellent opportunity for the kids to be out in the community AND giving back to the community by performing for a group that might not otherwise get to attend a concert.

The folks down there were glued to the performance and all the kids in the jazz band absolutely loved it (I had a blast too)!

Let's hear about special events are you're involved in or attending with your families this holiday season!

Bear

Our Masonic Lodge is giving out 40 hams tomorrow morning to some needy folks in the community. I'll be helping with the delivery of those.

jimtorl

Did breakfast with Santa on Saturday with the Avon Grove High School band. All money went to needy familys in the area and we made around $2,700.00. Cooked pancakes for 5 hours and had a blast. I told them I would smoke the sausage but they would not go for it. :)

SisInLaw

If I admit I'll be cooking up a big 'ol pot of home made spaghetti sauce for Christmas dinner will I be shot?

TentHunter

Bear, hats off to you guys at the Masonic lodge!

BP, I bet you made all the Ernie Ball folks finger lickin' happy!

Did breakfast with Santa on Saturday with the Avon Grove High School band. All money went to needy familys in the area and we made around $2,700.00. Cooked pancakes for 5 hours and had a blast.

Wow! That's a lot of money to raise in such a short time for a great cause. Bravo!

If I admit I'll be cooking up a big 'ol pot of home made spaghetti sauce for Christmas dinner will I be shot?

LOL! Not by me. Ye Olde Yule Tide Marinara. I love it!

Top Bottom