Indian Pulled Pork with Raita and Roti

cowgirl

I received some Indian inspired dry rub from a friend in Vermont awhile back, so I tried it out on a hunka homegrown pork...
Smoked in the Memphis Pro...

023-2-1.jpg

made my raita using shredded cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, peppers, garlic, ginger, minced onions, kosher salt, cracked black pepper and cumin.

002-5-2.jpg

I've used split peas in my roti in the past but opted to fill them with herbs this time...

011-5-2.jpg

lightly browned my roti...

029-2-2.jpg

033-4-2.jpg

the indian inspired smoked pork wrapped in roti and topped with raita...

061-2-2.jpg

It was pretty tasty! I like the cooling effect of the raita on the spicy pork...

Thanks for looking....

Big Poppa

Administrator
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA That is not even close but to be mentioned in the same thread is enough! We all share a deep passion for good food~

SmokinMAK

Cowgirl. That looks fantastic!

Do you have an "educated guess" as to what was in the spices? I'd love to do an Indian-style pork butt some time. I used to get great Indian food in Singapore and I've not been there in about 2 1/2 years, so I'm going to have to learn to make it myself! ;)

cowgirl

BP, it's great how cooking brings us all together. :)

Sparky you are so kind.. Thanks! :cool:

Smokin MAK, Thank you!
The indian dry rub was lighter in color than chile powder.. I would say there is a good amount of curry, cummin and maybe a bit of masala in the mix.
Sorry I can't be more specific. He didn't share his recipe.. just the package of dry rub.

I imagine the Indian food you sampled in Singapore was outstanding!

Thanks again friends...

SmokinMAK

I imagine the Indian food you sampled in Singapore was outstanding!

My hosts said on the heat scale, it was a 3 or 4 (I like hot, and this was very hot). They said next time I go back they will take me somewhere that has 9 or 10! Maybe with a gallon jug of yogurt by my side!

cowgirl

My hosts said on the heat scale, it was a 3 or 4 (I like hot, and this was very hot). They said next time I go back they will take me somewhere that has 9 or 10! Maybe with a gallon jug of yogurt by my side!

Haha... You're brave... I probably wouldn't be able to handle 3 or 4! :)

Top Bottom