Iberico

Darwin00537

I've got a 1.2 lb Iberico pork shoulder I'm cooking tonight.
ip-01

Directions say to grill to medium rare. I thought I'd reverse sear using the Mak 2 for the initial warm up, then finish it off with a quick sear on the Hasty Bake. I'm wondering if I should use the smoke setting on the Mak or 225F. For final sear temp I'm thinking 127F, which should put it at 130 or so by the time it's made it to the table. I'm getting ready to salt now and will throw a little pepper on the presentation side during the sear after the flip. Anyone cooked this before and have suggestions?

TentHunter

Tommy (TMB - also a member here), brought one of those to the Fall Gathering down in Georgia last year. He had to stay off of his knee (surgery) and asked me to cook it. Oh my was it a nice piece of meat.

I coated with Maple syrup and hit it with some Jallelujah (jallapeno season salt) and just cooked around 250° until it reached an I.T. of about 140° for a nice lower end medium by time it was done resting.

It disappeared quickly!

That combo of the Maple & Jallalujah with the sweet & heat has become one of my faves.

Darwin00537

Tommy (TMB - also a member here), brought one of those to the Fall Gathering down in Georgia last year. He had to stay off of his knee (surgery) and asked me to cook it. Oh my was it a nice piece of meat.

I coated with Maple syrup and hit it with some Jallelujah (jallapeno season salt) and just cooked around 250° until it reached an I.T. of about 140° for a nice lower end medium by time it was done resting.

It disappeared quickly!

That combo of the Maple & Jallalujah with the sweet & heat has become one of my faves.
Very interesting. I ended up going a different route, and have some pics I'll be sharing shortly.

Maple and Jallalujah... Is that a combo you mainly use on pork or steak? I think of this particular piece of meat as more steak than pork. Sounds good though I'll see if I can talk the missus into trying it.

ChunniePark

with Iberico pork, This easy and delicious pork dish brings the authentic flavours of inland Spain to your kitchen table.

hariandro001

wow such a delicious one i always like to have . My brother is a perfect chef ..so can you provide the method of prepare and ingredients for this tasty iberico one??

Top Bottom