Strube Ranch Top Sirloin at Sis N Laws..NO SMOKER!!!!!!Aaarrrrrrrgh

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK it was Sis' turn to host the holiday celebration of the split up side of the family....She doesnt have a smoker yet....(I made progress today though)

The folds at Strube sent us some of their top sirloin roasts...steak and eggs...Did one with Annies Garlic Olive Oil, Big Poppa Double Secret Rub and the other with Annies Garlic olive oil and Smoking Guns Hot and Sweet heat combo
Had to use an oven Please forgive me! 265 for 3.5 hours
P1000305.jpg

P1000306.jpg

P1000307.jpg

P1000310.jpg

P1000316.jpg

I think she liked my gift...A nice big and sharp Global knife

P1000308.jpg

And We all loved JimsBarbque's Wifes Maple Caramel Sour Cream Cake...This bad boy is great Thanks Jim and Mrs. Jim!
P1000312.jpg

cowgirl

It still looks and sounds wonderful BP, even in an oven! Mrs Jim's sour cream cake looks outstanding too! What a nice feast...

HoDeDo

Looks like everything cooked up perfectly! Hmmm that cake may end up in a dessert turn-in one of these days!!!

sparky

i love caramel. i put it on bananas. jim could your mrs post the recipe for the caramel cake plz.

jimsbarbecue

Maple Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze

Cake:
Vegetable oil spray for misting pan
Flour for dusting pan
(18.5 ounce0 package plain butter recipe golden cake mix
1 ( 8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese at room temperature
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup water
½ cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
1 small package vanilla instant pudding mix
¼ cup chopped pecans for garnish (optional)

Glaze:
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
½ teaspoon vanilla

Cake:
Mix softened cream cheese with granulated sugar on low in mixing bowl. Add remaining cake ingredients and mix on medium speed until smooth and thick scraping down sides of bowl. Bake in a 12 cup greased and floured bundt pan at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until top springs back when lightly pressed with finger. Let cool for 15 minutes before turning onto a plate. While the cake is cooling make the caramel glaze.

Glaze:
Melt butter in small saucepan. Add remaining ingredients stirring constantly. Let mixture come to a boil and boil for one minute while continuing to stir constantly. Remove from heat and let glaze set for 10 minutes before pouring over cake. Pecans can be pressed onto glaze for garnish.

sparky

thank you jim. it's going to be on my xmas dessert table with some whip cream. ohhhh, caramel and whip cream. you know what i am thinking.....

TentHunter

lets see...

Highlight text, copy, open word processor, paste... Got it!

Thanks for the recipe Jim (and your wife too) :). Every time any of us eat a slice we'll be thinking of you!

Top Bottom