BBQ Log Software Questions

LTS

I have been playing around with the software a little and I have a question, I have been inputting some of my previous smokes, and between deleting adding and screwing around with it now I have actual good records 1-7 and then I don't know what or how I did it but now my next record is 11 so records 8-11 are blank with no data in them and every time I open the program to edit or just look around it goes to the next record. Is there a way to have it go to the next "blank" record instead of just going to the next number record?

But this thing is way cool :cool: thanks again Jim

LTS

jimsbarbecue

Hit the find all button.On the top right of the screen are arrows to navigate to the next or previous record. Go to one of the blank ones and fill it in. All the records can be edited at anytime. The neat yet dangerous feature of a database.You can also hold down the ctrl key and use the up or down arrow on the keyboard to go forward or backward in the records.It doesn't harm anything if a record is left blank.

txpgapro

Jim,
Everytime I try to edit any field I get an error box that says "This action can not be preformed because this file can not be modified."

Last edited:

Deb

txpgapro - I had the same problem. You need to run the program as administrator. if you look pg. 3 of the original thread Jim did a video to show how to fix it

jimsbarbecue

Wish there was a easier way. The other option makes you log in as the administrator to install the program and may still make you change admistrator rights.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom