Danish Baby Back Ribs

CarterQ

Was just BSing with a coworker and we got on the subject of ribs. He was insisting that baby back ribs from Denmark were much better than their domestic counterparts.

Now I know the Danish meat industry came up with the Baby back rib, but is there really any difference? I have heard they are leaner, but not sure if this is a good thing.

I usually go with spares any way but do like the occasional baby back when pressed for time. Just curious if anyone had some insight into this.

txpgapro

Smaller, less meat, rarely vacuum sealed therefore usually freezer burned. Not worth it. Buy some big spare racks or fresh St. Louis style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dmarotta

In Socal, Albertsons has them at 2.99 lb on sale.They do have less meat but are very tender. They are the same ones package and all that the high end mail order sites sell for 3 times the cost.

Patrick_CT

I am reviving this old thread.. my dad is getting some of these to "see if you can make anything out of them with your fancy grill..." hmmm... I have not even seen them, but need some ideas on what to do with them.. treat them like baby backs?

RGrunz

If you have a dog that likes rib bones, you will love Danish ribs... been there, done that.... save your time.... hardly enough meat to go through the process. They will challenge your cooking skills too, they dry out easily and you will need to adjust your seasoning severely. I suspect you would need to use Texas Crutch to have a fighting chance at tender ribs.

Most grocery stores advertise them on fourth of july etc, because they are CHEAP.... when people see them, they usually pass on them.

Maybe I just don't know what the heck I am doing with them, but I would rather do one rack of spares St Louis style than a cooker full of Danish. If you do cook some, would love to know how you enjoyed them, perhaps I can learn from you.

Patrick_CT

I think I am just going to pass on this experiment.. my father talked to his butcher friend and was told that he does not carry them anymore since they are not very good... Thanks for the confirmation that they are not really worth the effort (or pellets)

Top Bottom