Sams and Mesquite

Meat Man

We will be cooking in Las Vegas this Saturday at the Region 4 final for the Sams Club National BBQ Tour. The top ten advance to the Sams Club National Championship in September. Then Sunday we will be cooking at Smokin In Mesquite, one of the West premier BBQ comps. All in all 60 grand in prize money up for grabs. Should be a real interesting weekend, glad we get to be a part of it.

Acill

I read the title and thought they were selling wood for grilling or something, lol! Good luck to you, I hope to get good enough to do something like this one day!

Meat Man

I read the title and thought they were selling wood for grilling or something, lol! Good luck to you, I hope to get good enough to do something like this one day!

You should it's a lot of fun, and you get to meet some great folks. Arizona has a great BBQ community, take a BBQ class and get yourself acquainted.

Meat Man

Back to back is hard work, even harder when it's two different locations. We had a lot of fun, and it was great to see BP again. Sams was tough, very windy, which played havoc with everyone. The judges just didn't like our food, we finished 27th. Mesquite faired better for us eleventh overall. Every time we compete we learn something new, and this time was no different. Now we just gotta figure out our pork.

imagejpg2_zps5fb4ca6c.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsc39bd79e.jpg

3580a2e8d9a34a2586e151f30eaf3051_zpsfae1dbd9.jpg

imagejpg2_zps23420459.jpg

imagejpg1_zps69dcff89.jpg

imagejpg2_zps9e560ff6.jpg

imagejpg1_zps1e8a4ee2.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsd86ba83d.jpg

imagejpg2_zps4573c321.jpg

Last edited:

Meat Man

I use those sticks to prop up our MM when I got one that really leans over. I like to try to keep them up in that happy zone.

Top Bottom