Pulled Pork Chile Verde

CarterQ

This one of my favorite things to do with leftover pulled pork. I cooked up a couple of shoulders for my son's preschool christmas play rehearsal and had some left over so made up some chile verde. Posted the recipe in the recipe section.

Here we go:

Peel tomatillos and garlic and put them in the broiler until blackened

IMG_0346.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

Roast up some anaheim chiles until the skin is blackened all around (i prefer the flame zone on the MAK)

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

IMG_0354.jpg

Let chiles cool in a bag, this helps get the skin off easier

IMG_0355.jpg

Chiles cleaned and peeled

IMG_0356.jpg

Toss tomatillos, chiles, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro into the blender and get a nice puree

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

Sautee onions and add about 3-4 lbs of pork and the seasonings

IMG_0359.jpg

CarterQ

Pulled Pork Chile Verde Cont.

Add chile puree and chicken stock to cover the meat and simmer for about 2hrs

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

Place in a bowl, top with Jack cheese and serve with warm tortillas and beans

IMG_0363.jpg

Enjoy!

ACW3

CarterQ,
I just finished dinner, but I could probably eat a bowl of your chili verde. Looks really tasty. I may have to give this a try after the holidays are over. I am traveling and won't be able to get back to my MAK until after the New Year. I will need a New Years "fix" for sure!

Art

MAK DADDY

Looks awesome, the melted cheese in the bowl mmmm. Love chili verde but never cooked it before, a must try.
Thanks for sharing.

HoDeDo

Now we need to know the "seasonings" :) so cumin, oregano, salt, pepper? do tell :) I am going to the store today to get the stuff for this one. We do a soup feed on Christmas Eve... Kim is making my favorite, chicken vegetable noodle... but I am going to throw a pot of this down in the mix. Looks great!!

CarterQ

Recipe is posted in the recipe section, but the seasonings are cumin, oregano, pepper and salt. Again this is a great recipe to play with and make your own. Thanks for all the comments.

HoDeDo

My batch is simmering away :) IT is going to make some killer dinner with those fresh tortillas, made at our local market!!

KimG SOW

The soup was AWESOME!!! It was the only soup to get eaten completely!! I'm sad....no leftovers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom