Smoky Chicken Chili

Deb

My son called me from college about a week ago and said "is it ok that I invited everyone over on the 23rd". Ummm ok..... that means mom gets to cook:D

Not all of his group eats beef & pork so I decided to do some chicken chili. I didn't get pics of the middle steps but this is what I did........

Some peppers (red, green , poblano, jalapeno) & onions & chicken thighs on smoke (that is about 1/2 of the peppers)
photo-11-1.jpg

I then chopped every thing up and threw in the crockpot with some tomatoes, garlic & spices (chili powder, new mexico chile , cumin, mexican oregano) and let it do it's thing....

photo-11-2.jpg

Made some cornbread w cheese

Ended up looking like this:

photo-16.jpg

and a very proud mom day - boys first cook on the Traeger (very bad iphone pic but you get the idea)

photo-14-1.jpg

Deb

That looks great Deb, nothing better than cooking for an appreciative group.

My son has great friends. I could hear them in the dining room and I overheard "this is really good" then I heard "we are at Kevin's, it's always really good." :)

My son has never really been interested in cooking and it's very recently changed (i think he realizing that he will soon need to cook for himself)... they did a gift exchange yesterday and he bought & cooked a NY strip for one of the kids as a gift.

Big Poppa

Administrator
One of the greatest things about sending your kid away to college is that they come to realize that the rest of the world doesnt eat like us pellet diehards......All of my kids would give me a list of their favorites when they would come over....now they all cook!

squirtthecat

Deb, you might have to pass the 070 down to your son when he graduates... (then you get to shop for yourself - HINT HINT)

Top Bottom