BPS cooks well in the Colorado Rockies Invitational

Big Poppa

Administrator
SO the Rockies and the Rocky Mountain BBQ Association decided to hold a Colorado Tournament of Champions in the parking lot of the Coors Field. We had gotten lucky enough to win two in Colorado last year so we got an invite. Then the Rockies decided to add some big time heavyweights like Iowas Smokey D's (number one in the country) Rod Gray Johnny Trigg...the American Dream (third in the country) Actually it was a crazy strong field...We managed to get Third overall....Our brisket we thought was our best meat and it got 13th If we got 11th we gc We did get 700.5 points which in KCBS is pretty neat...our second time this year....There are so few 700's given out that you usually GC.....WE got the first one ever in California last month....only to lose to the second one ever! This time we are I think the first team in history to get a 700 ad come in third.....Ill take the 700's all day long That makes 4 for us.

TentHunter

Third place amongst those teams is quite a nice feat on its own, but a score of 700 to boot??? WOW!!!

There must've been some serious cooking going on there.

Big Poppa

Administrator
it was a very hard contest.....I was happy! Comp bbq is so funny I thought my brisket was the very best I had cooked and it got 13th If I get 11th I gc.

scooter

3rd in that field is huge!! It would be interesting to see how BPS would do in KotS but I know the reason why you can't enter your team there besides that you're too busy hosting and having fun! But it would be fun to see where you'd land in that field of pitmasters. :)
Congrats on the 700! How many of those have you rack up?

Top Bottom