Must have pellet grilling accessories...?

Corn n 'Q

I managed to compile some extra cash/gift cards from various events like xmas and would like to pick up a few items. So, I’m looking for your opinions and recommendations for some additional BBQ accessories that you cannot live without.

Current grill hardware consists of a new GMG in July (which I love), a Weber 26” OTG and a gasser that is now compiling dust since the GMG arrived. What are some key items you absolutely must have when working on your Q with the pellet grills?

I know this is a pretty general question but I wanted to get some feedback on this. For example, I was thinking of a thermapen, certain set of knives or a cast iron dutch…talk to me…

Look forward to hearing about your favorite items that help make your Pellet grilling a great success. Thanks all and happy holidays!

CarterQ

I would say a good remote thermometer (eg Maverick ET 73) and Frogmats are 2 things I can't live without.

Corn n 'Q

Love it, thats what I'm talking about Carter, thanks. A frogmat is something I didn't think would be a main item I must have...this is good.

Deb

like CarterQ said a good remote thermometer & frogmats. I also would add the thermapen.

Rip

I'm as new to this as it gets...but my short list of of generic must haves are:

Frog mats, Firewire Skewers, Grill Grates, Grill Grates Tool

Rip

Rip

Just thought of two more...heavy leather gloves, (for handling large cuts of hot meat), welding gloves work great, and of course a cabled or wireless temperature probe.

Rip

Corn n 'Q

Yeah I've got the probes to watch the temps closely just not a maverick or even a thermapen, critical must have. I'll probably pick up one of those too but will wait to see what everyone else chimes in with! Mainly I was just curious if there were any bigger ticket items out there I wasn't thinking of. All good info. Frogmats and a nice new thermo are in line at this point.

3Bs-Bar-B-Que

BP im sure has some frogmats in stock and a nice GMG COVER you should have gotten the remote and food probe with the grill so frogmats and maybe some gloves

Corn n 'Q

Wait a minute, a remote and a food probe?...got neither one of those guys with the grill. I did get a nice cover though. I'm down with the Infrared Scooter posted and some frogs. Good stuff guys, should there have been a remote of some sort with the grill? I need to hear more about this. Can go back to the dealer and give him a hard time if need be, he's a good guy.

CarterQ

Not sure if it's an option or standard, but I believe newer Green Mountain Grills have a remote control function.

Trooper

The main thing that makes my grilling/smoking/cooking most effective costs - - -NOTHING.

It's a good set of notes.

This years very successful rib roast came from reviewing last years very good roast notes and duplicating it.

Any stress involved in a upcoming cooking project is greatly reduced with a good review the previous event.

DolphinLvr

The main thing that makes my grilling/smoking/cooking most effective costs - - -NOTHING.

This years very successful rib roast came from reviewing last years very good roast notes and duplicating it.

Any stress involved in a upcoming cooking project is greatly reduced with a good review the previous event.

Thats Why I am going to start off right by using Jim's BBq Log :)

TTNuge

Maverick ET-732 (Wait until you can get the new 732)
Thermapen
Frogmats - 1 large one that covers the whole grill area and two smaller ones, about half that size that can be used for multiple items and rolling up fatties.
Spare Probes for ET-732 (At least a spare food probe so you can monitor 2 meats if you want but a spare grill temp probe is handy for emergencies)
Grill Grates - I prefer to use 3
Multiple pairs of heavy Rubber 'Black Knight" gloves. 1 pair for food handling, 1 pair for handling hot grates, 1 pair for grill cleaning, 1 pair for when you lose one of the other pairs.
Lots of different rubs and sauces. (OK not a tool but I love spending money trying different ones)

Thats about it for now.

sparky

my et-73 and frogmats. would be lost puppy. :( oh, i am going to need my ft and koosie too.

Last edited:

scooter

Keeping a detailed log of everything you cook can't be stressed enough and as dolphinlvr noted using Jim's log is the perfect way to start!

Big Poppa

Administrator
OK How could I not put the number one thing I use at comps and at home...Smoky Mountain disposable cutting boards. They may seem pricy but invaluable. Also food grade disposable gloves!

Top Bottom