MAK 1 Star General

MAK DADDY

The 1 Star is now in production, same Pellet Boss control and great MAK quality!
This is going to be the perfect grill for those who want a smaller more compact MAK. Will have all the options, like Remote Boss, Upper Rack, griddle etc.
MSRP 1299.00. Shown with optional side shelf, tool hook and storage shelf.

1StarGeneral.jpg

TTNuge

I am so glad you didn't have these available six months ago. I think the tight wad in me would have made me get this instead of my 2 Star. And I know I would have been happy with it and had no need to upgrade and I really love my 2 Star!

SmokinMAK

You're pretty quick on the uptake, BP. ;)

Haven't had the chance to do much on it yet - a Papa Murphys pizza on Thursday (great as always). Wife wanted to cook some pasta last night. Probably going to do a couple of chicken halves in it tonight. Wanted to do some pancakes on it with my Sizzle Q this morning but it's raining - maybe tomorrow.

The only negative I can see on the 1 star is it isn't the 2 star, and I'm already spoiled. It did get up to temp really quick, and I'll do some max temp characterizations with it like I did my 2 star next week.

It's all MAK - Quality built through and through.

Last edited:

SmokinMAK

Well, decided to do a couple chicken halves on the 1 star this evening. Thought I'd crank it on High and see what happened.

The first thing I noticed, is that there is no temperature change for the first 5 minutes. Then from minute 5-10 it makes a HUGE jump. Even with me opening the grill to put in GrillGrates, and even the chicken, it was up to 570 degrees in 35 minutes using Bear Mountain Hickory. If time and weather allows, I'll do a test with my "high-heat" favorite, the Traeger Oak. This was the pellet that got me to 535 on my 2 star. I predict if I crank it and keep it closed, it will probably hit 600 degrees before it levels out.

Not bad for a "Mini MAK". (I know, Bob is going to kill me for that one) :cool:

IMG_4066.jpg

Chicken was extremely juicy, great sear marks ala GrillGRates, and my wife commented on the nice smoke flavor. Another great meal courtesy of MAK.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
Wowo I like that idea! BOb? hahahah what is the grilling surface on this? do you make the extra racks for it?

SmokinMAK

OK, I lied. I did a heat test with the Traeger Oak today and it likewise topped out at 570 in 35 minutes. *Only* 570. ;)

I will redo the test with the BM Hickory without opening the lid, and probably some Alder as well for a lower heat control case. I'll post results when I get them, but in both cases so far, the 1 Star was over 400 degrees in 15 minutes.

Big Poppa

Administrator
The three star will get to 500....Ask me how I know since it hasn't been built yet.....Im nearly claravoyant......nearly

MAK DADDY

Wowo I like that idea! BOb? hahahah what is the grilling surface on this? do you make the extra racks for it?

It is only an inch or so different than the 2 Star grate in both directions, shorter in height by 2" and no warmer/cold smoker box.
380sqin, 760sqin when double racked.
Yes we will make a full upper rack and half upper rack just like the 2 Star :)

We can make whatever you want BP, how much do you want to spend:D

Top Bottom