Big Time Cook last night!

Big Poppa

Administrator
A very good friend of mine is Colin Kirby who is a great chef. He has worked at French Laundry, El Bulli (was the number one restaurant in the world two years ago...)and Frasca in Boulder. He is very interested in smoking so I showed him around the smoking palace last night.

Here is the teaser plate. Strube Ranch Texas Wagyu Prime Rib with a smoked mushroom mustard garlic and herb crust, Maine lobster Memphis Pro smoked with a lemon truffle butter drizzle topped with smoked caviar, Big Poppa's Heart Attack Scalloped potatoes
P1000997.jpg

For appys we had a great cheese platter with texas rib candy jelly and smoked bacon
I didnt get a pic of that
Then I cooked some White Cheddar Jalapeno Potato Perogi on the MAK One Star on Grill Grates and finished with Hot Squeeze
P1000970.jpg

Then I kept the MAK One Star going and cooked some Island Sausage from Guam. I was like a combination of Linguica and chorizo. I served it sliced with some french whole grained mustard.
P1000965.jpg

Next up the Crust for the Strube Prime Rib. I pureed Garlic,Button Mushrooms, Rosemary, Thyme, sage, mustard and Big Poppa's Double Secret Rub
P1000950-2.jpg

P1000948.jpg

P1000949.jpg

Trimmed the Strube and took the bone off for tonights dinner!
P1000946.jpg

Coated with the crust
P1000952.jpg

Put into the Meadow Creek TS-60 Red Devil..The only smoker they have made in a color other than black
P1000957.jpg

To be continued.....

Top Bottom