New years cook? What are you smoking?

scooter

The new year is nearly here! I'm thinking of smoke/grilling some thick pork chops then hitting with some curried mango grilling sauce I bought the other day. Perhaps some yellow rice and grilled asparagus to go with.

CarterQ

So many options, great time of year at the old supermarket. Right now thinking lobster might get the nod.

Deb

I think the kids are taking over my grill :( There's talk of a giant pasta stuffed meatball. It was supposed to happen yesterday but I'm told the head cook was kidnapped by her mother who wanted to spend the day with her. There was 5 lbs of ground beef in the fridge(now inthe freezer) , 2 lbs of pasta, couple jars of sauce......... should be interesting.....

I have to get them to commit to a time frame so that I can figure out what I"m doing. I was thinking ribs for new years eve and a ham for new years day .....

Rip

I've committed to my first Prime Rib, picked up the meat last night. Also will try roasted potatoes, my wife has a recipe we've done in the oven for years...will try it in the lil Tex this time....(do all of you wake up thinking about your next smoking project or is it just newbies like me?)

Big Poppa

Administrator
Its perfectly normal the rest of the world is wrong. Everything is better in a pellet smoker.....look at this week everything from Caviar to bananas

TentHunter

For new years eve (tonight) we're doing a bunch of finger foods. Hot & Sweet Armadillo eggs, some Bassi-Babies (mini kielbasas) in some BBQ sauce, maby some ABT's, Bacon wrapped Crab & Shrimp, maybe some moink balls.

For New Years day dinner... After seeing MakDaddy & Big Poppa's prime rib roasts I got truly inspired and went out today and picked up a gorgeous almost 7 1/2 lb. bone-in rib roast.

I'm a rib-roast-newbie, so I'll be searching the forum for cooking temps, times, internal temp, etc.

sparky

were having crab & champagne for dinner tonight and honey-baked ham, scalloped potatos and green beans w/ smoked almonds and lil tex pecan pie for dessert. oh, more champagne too. going to raley's now (wife thinks i am nuts) to get myself a pork butt. smoking makes me happy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom