Lolipoped them & rubbed with olive oil, yardbird & happy ending

Put on smoker @ 300°

Removed from smoker & sauced with Blues Hog when internal temp was 165°

Returned them to smoker to tighten the sauce

Removed when internal temp was 175°

Plated up with lobster Mac & Cheese

Last edited:

smilinphil

Nice Quad. These seem like a perfect example of an astronomically high Value per Flavor Molecule from both a cost and time perspective. I have to admit that I actually went looking for a chicken lollipop tool after I saw how perfect yours were :)

TrickyDick

What the process for "lollipop"-ing the drumsticks? What happens to the ligaments and tendons?
Looks very tasty!
TD

Quadman750

What the process for "lollipop"-ing the drumsticks? What happens to the ligaments and tendons?
Looks very tasty!
TD

You cut all the way around the base of the meat at the handle & pull it over the knuckle (discard). Remove the little thin bone along the leg bone by breaking it off & pulling it out, I use kitchen shears to cut off the tendons & ligaments (I use paper towel to grip the tendons & ligaments, pull & cut off the best you can). Pull the meat down toward the bottom. Stand them up & see which way they fall over then trim the bottom bone & meat so they stand up straight.

sptucker

You cut all the way around the base of the meat at the handle & pull it over the knuckle (discard). Remove the little thin bone along the leg bone by breaking it off & pulling it out, I use kitchen shears to cut off the tendons & ligaments (I use paper towel to grip the tendons & ligaments, pull & cut off the best you can). Pull the meat down toward the bottom. Stand them up & see which way they fall over then trim the bottom bone & meat so they stand up straight.

Thanks for the tutorial, Quad. And what a great idea -- the perfect party food or just for something fun to eat!

The cooked photo of these little buggers looks beautiful and delicious, even without the sauce (...mouth waters uncontrollably...).

Top Bottom