Stuffed Chicken Breast

jimsbarbecue

About once a month we have dinner with a nice young Lady and Chef her name is Lindsey. Same name as our daughter just spelled different. Very talented and just fun to be around. Last week at her Class/Dinner Party. Lindsey made these stuffed Chicken Breast and after eating them I knew we had to try them out. I am sure similar recipes are around. Most call for sun dried tomatoes.Lindsey could not find the ones she want so she made her own dried tomatoes in the oven. That is when the light went on for me. We could make BBQ dried tomatoes. Which we did using the Ole Hickory Pits Ace BP.
The breast are stuffed with mozzarella cheese (presliced) the tomatoes and a basil leaf.
Before stuffing the breast we seasoned lightly with SM Sweet Seduction. Cook in the MAK at 325 until done about one hour. the last 15 minutes put a another slice of cheese on top of the breast and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
The zucchini noodles were cut on one of those spiral tools. we used the low cost one that could fit in your pocket. seasoned and tossed wait about 10-15 minutes and cook in the pan while you are cooking the chicken. Patty made the bruschetta because we couldn't find premade at the store. The balsamic glaze with cherry was drizzled over the top.
When doing the tomatoes it did not seem right that the Ole Hickory Pits Ace BP was not cooking some meat so on went some ribs 17th Street BBQ style. Seasoned with Magic Dust and BPS Money (flour style, we put the Money in a Blendtec blender and blend until it is "Money Powder"). These style of ribs are never wrapped. Just on the pit and cooked the sauce is done the last 30 minutes. Not your traditional Sweet rib. I can eat more of this style then any other we cook.

IMG_6576-X2.jpg

IMG_6577-X2.jpg

IMG_6578-X2.jpg

IMG_6580-X2.jpg

IMG_6581-X2.jpg

IMG_6582-X2.jpg

IMG_6583-X2.jpg

IMG_6585-X2.jpg

IMG_6588-X2.jpg

Quadman750

I bet the flavor from that Ole Hickory Pits Ace BP is amazing. Charcoal & wood, can't beat that.

Last edited:

jimsbarbecue

The glaze we purchased from Big Poppa Smokers.
The Ole Hickory Pits Ace BP is a amazing piece of equipment.
The smoke flavor from the tomatoes was fantastic.
Big Poppa still has the Ole Hickory Pits Ace BP on sale, if you are interested.

Quadman750

I would love one but I need a MAK first. Unfortunately they do not ship to Canada & our dollar is in the toilet right now. The shipping would probably be quite expensive along with the duty,brokerage & the 22% difference in exchange. The rubs & sauces I order from Big Poppa double by the time they get to my door thanks to the Canadian Gov. But I would be really curious how much a MAK would be shipped to my door.

jimsbarbecue

The brussel sprouts we use a marinade from the Santa Monica seafood company. It is a Hawaiian style teriyaki . The sprouts are microwaved one minute one high. The left on the counter 5-10 minutes. Cut in half Put in a ziploc bag with marinade for 5/10 minutes. Grilled about 20 minutes. We used the micro wave one day when short on time and have done it like that since. We have microwaved tossed in marinate and on grill (all total 2 minutes) cooked 20 minutes

Top Bottom