Fruit Ideas

Big Poppa

Administrator
Ok I smoke Peaches in the summer...strawberries lightly all the time. Scooter introduced the banana...I sear pineapple....Anybody else have any fruit that they smoke?

HoDeDo

We also do Bananas, with a little brown sugar, maple syrup and pecans on top... Love to put a little smoke into macerated strawberries, or pineapples.

We have played with lots of different fruits for grilling contests... Smoked apple chimichangas, Grilled pear slices...

For one of my Demos, we did a grilled deconstructed Waldorf so, using a porcelain coated veggie pan, we grilled off the grapes and apples... about 300 degrees. Love fruit from the cooker.

Last edited:

CarterQ

Apricots do really well smoked and can be used in glazes and served with ice cream for a great dessert.

I love to smoke nice tart nectarines as well, as the fruit cooks you break down the acids and create a great flavor profile.

White peaches and nectarines also pick up smoke flavor really well and come out great smoked.

Deb

Baked apples

photo-5-1.jpg

photo-4-1.jpg

Deb

Not really a recipe........

I cored a few apples (left the very bottom in), *peeled a little bit at the top. *Threw them in a foil pan. *Put about two tsps of brown sugar in each one, sprinkled all with cinnamon. *Put about 1 inch of apple cider in the bottom of the pan. * On to the Traeger set at 350 degrees. *Basted with the cider a couple times.

after about an hour they were fork tender, *a little ice cream & caramel sauce on top...... * *

you can change this up any way you want - raisins, nuts, granola, chocolate , someone on another forum suggested 1/2 snickers (I tried and wasn't my favorite).

I have also done like above and served as a side with pork.

TentHunter

Other than peaches on some ribs and some grilled pineapple, I've never smoke any fruit... You guys sure have my curiosity and taste buds aroused!

Smoked cherries for margaritas... that sounds really good.

Big Poppa

Administrator
I want to watch Sparky curse Memphis for the plastic covering on his new stainless steel lean mean cooking machine. We may have to have Jimsbarbeque fabricate a fat tire holder to it

Top Bottom