BP's potato crusted Halibut

Haven't cooked or posted in quite a while. Saw some real nice halibut at Costco and remembered BP's potato crusted halibut recipe. One problem... when I got home, MAK wasn't working properly so I had to improvise for the weber kettle. So, actually, this isn't pellet smoked, but was intended to be.

Here is how BP does it (pictures no longer there, but description is more than adequate):

http://www.pelletsmoking.com/pellet...ak-griddle-fried-potato-crusted-halibut-1667/

Since MAK wasn't working, had to put in pan on stove, potato side down. Still worked great! Forgot to cook the potatoes first, but came out ok in the end:

106.jpg

Also decided to put some sliced fennel bulbs, salt, pepper, Annies EVOO, balsalmic vinegar, and white wine in a foil pouch. Put on before the halibut. All together now:

107.jpg

Almost done:

109.jpg

Everything ready to be plated:

110.jpg

All plated up:

111.jpg

This was fantastic. Thanks for the recipe BP! Will get the MAK working and try it next time with the MAK griddle!

I should have been more clear in my first post. The MAK issue is user generated, not a MAK problem. I will be calling you, but it is from my own doing.

Top Bottom